Dancing Girls Put On Riotous Entertainment at Harvard Bowling League Banquet--Act Stopped in Lynn Next Night

Because of an indiscreet act provided at a recent banquet of the Harvard Bowling League, the club may not be ale to hold its annual dinner next year. Officials in Lehman Hall have expressed strong disapproval of the conduct of this year's dinner, which was attended by most of the male employees of Harvard University.

Three paid entertainers, brought in to the Boylston Street nightclub to amuse the banqueters, put on a show that was well worth the price of admission. So successful was the performance that it was interrupted by the metropolitan police at a presentation in Lynn the following night. At the bowlers' dinner, however, the act had not developed far, before the dancers were located in the laps of some of the carpenters and electricians. When the jacks of all trades grew tired of this the ladies exhibited risque contentious, which met with riotous applause from the floor.

First prize in the bowling league went to the bursar's office men, known as the "kingpins" in the league. Ten dollars was awarded to each kingpin. Second prize of $7 each went to the "plungers," or the plumbers of the maintenance department. In the League the carpenters are known as the "wood-rollers," the electricians as the "live-wires," the grasscutters as the "grasshoppers," the painters as the "artists," and the bosses, who always end up at the bottom, as the "highrollers." And as for the yardcops, it was said, "they aren't even ambitions enough to come out for the sport." The competition in the league starts Labor Day and ends on Patriets Day.

The banqueters were considerably annoyed at Colonel C. R. Apied '06, superintendent of the University caretakers, and a specially invited guest at the stag affair. The Colonel persisted in giving a half-hour speech after all the other scheduled speakers had only taken up five minutes time. But the audience's scorn of Apted was soon lost in the reception given the ladies.