COPEY WILL GIVE SECOND UNION READING TONIGHT

SELECTIONS FROM KING JAMES BIBLE TO BE FEATURED

Charles Townsend Copeland '82, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory, emeritus, will give a second reading before the student of the University in the upstairs common room of the Union tonight at 7.30 o'clock.

The program will be the second to be held this year under the auspices of the 1936 Union Committee. According to his annual custom, Professor Copeland gave a reading exclusively for Freshmen a few days before the Christmas holidays. It was received with great enthusiasm and many more students tried to gain admittance than could be accommodated.

Program Not Announced

The program this evening has not been fully announced but it is known that readings from the King James Version of the Bible will be featured. A special stage and platform table were built under the personal direction of Professor Copeland for his Christmas Reading and these will be used tonight.

Professor Copeland has taken especial interest in the Freshman class and in accordance with a custom established last year while he was still living in the Yard, he now receives a small group of Freshmen every Wednesday evening at his new lodgings.

Professor Copeland's readings are well-known everywhere in the country, and his services are much sought after.

The committee in charge is as follows: Braman Gibbs '36, R. M. Terral '36, Davies Gratwick '36, S. R. Calloway '36, Shaun Kelly '36, and N. P. Letarte '36.