RIDERS MEET PRINCETON IN FINAL POLO MATCH

NICHOLAS, DAVIS, JOHNSON, AND BENSON, HARVARD ENTRIES

After the week spent in turning back the rugged forces of Yale, Army, and Pennsylvania Military College, the Harvard and Princeton polo teams have earned the right to vie for the intercollegiate polo title, which will be decided tomorrow at Rye, New York. Although the Crimson teams have won this championship twice before, the Tigers have never come through in the finals, save unofficially, in 1924.

The consistent accuracy of Nicholas, however, the flashy leadership of Davis, and the aggressive cooperation of Benson and Johnson, together with the slightly superior Harvard mounts, will make things tough for the Princeton riders. Princeton has more power than finesse; while Harvard depends on smoothness, a factor which stood her in such good stead during the arduous fight last winter for the Massachusetts Indoor Crown. It is interesting to note that this quality of the team stands in direct contrast to the characteristic power which is the main hope for a Crimson crew victory in the Thames classic this evening.

In the semi-final matches which eliminated Army and Penn from the struggle, Princeton's play was somewhat weaker than that displayed in its victory over Yale; while the Harvard quartet, dominated by all-around skill of Davis, maintained a consistent, telling steadiness. The scores of the two semi-final matches were: Princeton 11, Penn 8, and Harvard 10, Army 8.