SEVEN MEMBERS OF 1933 AWARDED FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDY AND TRAVEL

SHELDON PRIZE FELLOWSHIPS GO TO FOUR OTHER SENIORS

Seven members of the class of 1933 were named last night as the recipients of travelling fellowships, providing for a year of foreign study and travel.

The Henry Russell Shaw Fellowship, traditionally awarded to the first scholar of the class, will he held by Knight Warner McMalian '33, of Flora, Illinois. A supplementary fellowship from the Shaw Fund has been awarded to Henry Tuchman Levin '33, of Minneapolis, Minnesota. The other principal single award is that of the Fiske Scholarship, providing for a year's study at Trinity College, Cambridge. This scholarship, founded in 1919 by Mr. and Mrs. Charles Henry Fiske, Jr. of Boston in memory of their son, Charles Henry Fiske, 3d, has been awarded to Peregrine White '33, of Beverly.

Sheldon Fellowships

Four others will be enabled to travel abroad next fall as holders of Frederick Sheldon Prize Fellowships. They are Ralph Philip Boas, Jr. '33, of Norton; Richard Poate Stebbins '33, of Newton Centre; John Coert Campbell '33, of Bronxiville. New York; and Winfield Adelbert Huppuch '33, of Glens Falls, New York.

McMahan, the holder of the first Shaw Fellowship, is first marshal of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, and received his degree this morning summa cum laude in Philosophy. He prepared at Harter-Stanford Township High School. Levin, a graduate of West High School, is also a member of Phi Beta Kappa and received his degree summa cum laude in English. As a Sophomore, Levin was the winner of the first Bowdoin prize, and this year of the George B. Sohier Prize for the best honors thesis in English.

Former Crimson President

White, who will hold the Fiske Scholarship, has been president of the CRIMSON and of Phillips Brooks House and secretary of the Student Council. He prepared at Andover.

Huppuch, a graduate of Phillips Academy, Andover, was captain of the University basketball team and a member of the lacrosse team. He was a member of the Junior Eight of Phi Beta Kappa, and was awarded his degree magna cum laude in Economics.

Boas graduated from South Hadley High School. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and received his degree today summa-cum laude in Mathematics. Stebbins, a graduate of Newton High School, is being graduated magna cum land with highest honors in English. Campbell, who prepared for Harvard at the Lincoln School, is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and is receiving his degree summa cum laude in History.