HISTORICAL EXCURSION TO SALEM ON SATURDAY

Group Will Leave Sever at 8.30 o'clock for North Shore--Party Will Inspect Lever Brothers Plant Today

This week the historical tours group conducted by G. S. Miller, professor of Government at Tufts, will visit Salem. Marblehead, and Marblehead Neck on the all-day trip Saturday, July 29. At 8.30 o'clock special busses will take the party from Sever Hall to Salem where the Ropes Memorial, the House of Seven Gables, the Piencer Village, and the Peabody Museum will be visited. At noon the party will go to Marblehead where the quaint streets, the old buildings, and the harbor are the principal attractions. Tickets which include all expenses except lunch can be purchased at the Summer School Office, Sever 3, on Thursday and Friday, from 8.30 to 4 o'clock.

A group will meet this afternoon at 1 o'clock in front of Sever Hall to inspect the factory of the Lever Brothers' Soap Company in Cambridge. These industrial excursions, which are also under the direction of Mr. Miller, are free. The Cambridge plant is one of the largest in the world and visitors will have the opportunity to see the various processes of asponification, and the manufactures of Lux and laundry cleansers.