Night And Day

Library Ettiquette:

The expansive granite steps of Widener Library have resounded for many years with the scholatic tread of many a Harvard celebrity. It sounds like a reversel of the evolutionary process to see them being used as for such a frankly social purpose as step-sitting. We think it quite a comedown from the high standard set by the activities of the Harvard Glee Club in step-singing.

Hidden Skeletons:

Past summer school belles have acquired great noteriety among incoming Harvard for leaving various femine unmentionables hanging around. These articles are often dangled on the chandeliers as trophies of former triumphs and the tales circulated about them would take the most broad-minded of schoolmarms twitch uneasily. But it is easy to say that one of these Freshman has profited by their example in ten easy lessons. For lately a broken leg cast was found luxuriously occupying an entire bureau draw in Hollis. Some Harvard butterfly had indeed shed its cocoon.

She Loved to See Him Smoke His Pipe:

One summer school maiden was caught smoking a short masculine straight stem pipe in the privacy of her boudoir. It has long been popular that Harvard was to become co-educational by adding of a few men but we haven't heard that Radcliffe would go so far.

Missionary Work:

It didn't take more than the opening week to produce one bitter disappointmentfl A sympathetic Harvard coed cast her eye upon a certain young government professor whose complacent expression and sardonic mouth she was convinced were caused by past disappointment. A sympathetic Harvard coed cast were, however, ruthlessly shattered by the unexpected news that he was happily married:--In the West that would never be considered the last white line.

Coming Through the Rye:

The Harvard newly initiated has not shown the proper discretion as regards unknowing summer school belles. On the opening day four girls noticing the strange odor of melon went sniffing around Stoughton Hall until they traced the source to a half-empty bottle of Golden Wedding Rye. The four indignant maidens hastily disposed of the offending liquid. Either the whiskey was poor or lese there is something rotten in Pembroke, or perhaps Brown does not coach its women.

Mystery Women:

The sages were indeed wiser than we thought. Woman thy name is mystery. The Summer School boasts two such acquaintances. A women with a husband and a women with a past. And the former is just as reticent on the subject of her better-half as the second is one the subject of her better days. PRUE.