CHERRINGTON TO TALK ON WORLD AFFAIRS HERE

Noted Political Scholar Lectures To Summer School

On August 9 Summer School Students will have the opportunity of hearing B. M. Cherrington, eminent student of American and Foreign political trends, lecture on "Pioneering on New Froniers." The speaker, who has traveled widely and spent much time in Geneva, will lecture at 8 o'clock next Wednesday evening, August 9, in Emerson D.

Professor Cherrington is Executive Secretary of the Foundation for the Advancement for the Social Sciences, and Head of the Department of Relations at the University of Denver, Colorado. He has made many trips abroad since the War, and in the spring of 1932 attended the Disarmament Conference at Geneva. He spent several weeks research beforehand in the chief capital cities of Europe getting first-hand information regarding the various national attitudes on disarmament. Professor Cherrington has lectured at John Hopkins University, Brookings Institution, the University of Chicago, and at various League of Nations Association functions. In December 1932, he was the chairman of the Round Table Conference on Disarmament at the Riverside Institute on Foreign Affairs.