Regatta Attracts 91 Students So Far; Prominent Men Will Serve as Judges

James Roosevelt, James McCrae N. Henry Black, Russell Codman, D. B. Hill will Conduct

A group of distinguished officials, including James Roosevelt, Jr., son of the President, will and color to the third annual Summer School rowing regatta. The contest will take place this Thursday and Friday afternoon, and the 91 entrants so far are evenly divided between the four women's and five men's events.

The preliminary heats are scheduled for Thursday afternoon, to be run off every ten minutes starting at 3.30 o'clock. On this day Russell Codman '19, prominent Boston business man, will be referee and starter, and his place will be taken a Friday by James Roosevelt, a Cambridge resident and former Harvard oarsmen. Dwight Bradford Hill '08, Boston engineer, will be the timer, James McCrae, of the Harvard Athletic Association, will be a judge of the finish, and Jack Hartnett '28, clerk of the course. On Friday, N. Henry Black '96, director of the Summer School, will act as honorary referee, and will present the silver-first-place medals and the bronze second-place medals to the victorious finalists.

Sufficient number of people have signed up on the blue books, which will be taken down today, to insure keen competition in every race, and necessitating trial heats in all but the men's Senior Singles and the Woman's Narrow Compromise races. The most popular event is the Men's Novice Singles, which with 2 Sentries will be run off in five heats, the first in each only to qualify for the finals on Friday. The winner of this race can then compete in the Senior runs.