Pierian Sodality Will Hold Fall Try-Outs This Evening

All Members of University Invited To Compete For Positions in Orchestra

The Pierian Sodality of 1808 holds its annual fall try-outs for the Harvard University Orchestra tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the Paine Music Hall, next to Hemenway. All players of orchestral instruments in all departments of the University are invited to join this organization. The Orchestra is made up of about 50 players. The music played is varied and includes the classical symphony and suites as well as numbers by modern composers. During the year various trips will be made and joint concerts have been scheduled with Colby, Bradford, Radcliffe and Andover.

The Pierian Sodality in a nationwide broadcast celebrated us one hundred and twenty-fifth anniversary last spring. It is the eldest musical organization in the country. The Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Harvard Glee Club in fact, the Music Department of Harvard itself, all one their beginning to this old club.

Last year by invitation from the President Lowell the Sodality gave a concert on Class day, in addition to the seven joint concerts already scheduled.