GLEE CLUB ACCEPTS 80 AT FIRST VOICE TRIALS

Start Rehearsals Monday For Concerts This Fall--October 5 Is Date Set For First Musical

Approximately 80 new men, largely freshmen, were accepted by the Glee Club after the first voice trials last night. Rehearsals of the full membership will start Monday in preparation for the first concert of the year to be given as part of the Symphony Hall program on Thursday, October 5. To the festivities honoring William Lawrence '71, celebrating his fortieth year as Episcopal Bishop of Massachusetts, the club will contribute three numbers, "To Thee Alone Be Glory," "Let Their Celestial Concerts All Unite," and "Prayer of Thanksgiving."

This year the annual Harvard-Yale concert has already been scheduled for November 24. Also the spring trip will be taken as before with the New York concert to be held in Town Hall on April 7. In the traditional spring concert with the Boston Symphony, the club will restore to its program a favorite not sung last year, the B Minor Mass from Bach.

Concerts procured so far are as follows: at St. Pauls February 7, at Wellesley March 1, at Smith March 10, and at Milton with no date as yet assigned.

Voice trials will be held again tonight from 7 to 9 o'clock in the Music Building. The first rehearsal is scheduled for Monday, October 2 at 7 o'clock in Sever 11.