Dramatic Club To Increase Number of Shows This Year

Club Will Celebrate Its Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Founding

To celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of its organization, the Harvard Dramatic Club will increase the number of its productions this year, it was announced by John C. Haggott '35, vice-president of the club.

Usually the club produces two plays a year, one in the fall and one in the spring. This fall, it has already been decided to present two plays, and no plans have yet been made for the spring. The first presentation will be an old-time melodrama entitled "The Fireman," and will be presented Friday and Saturday, November 24 and 25, the week-end of the Yale game. This play was written by Samuel Johnson, an actor, and was first produced in Boston in 1850.

The second production will be presented the second week in December, but the exact play has not yet been selected. It may be an American premiere of either "Richard of Bordeaux" by Gordon Daviot, or "Gallows Glorious" which is now running in London, and there is a slight possibility that "The World of Light" by Aldous Huxley be presented. The productions will be given at Brattle Hall and will be followed by a dance.