"Words, Words, Words"

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

It might be interesting to you to know that I have offered to give a lecture before a group of Mr. Kittredge's advanced Shakespeare students. I am sure that, if the class and Mr. Kittredge read my book, "Man vs. Ape in the Play of Earce-Rammed," they will be able to speak more intelligently, and with a broader authority, on the Baconian question which has agitated our scholars so long. Mr. Kittredge was sent a copy of my book last February; since it has not been returned, I assume that he received it. Although he is the educational product of another age, and naturally unsympathetic to the mind of our own day, I am convinced that I could clear up much that is now obscure to him.

As for the code which proves by contention: seventeen million Jews have known for four thousand years that every letter has a numerical value independent of its alphabetical significance. In the first follo, at the death of Hamlet, the prince had the words O, o, o, o on the tip of his tongue. This did not appear after the first follo. (One might be permitted a comparison between the dark powers of Denmark and the Cambridge gendarmerie). The cipher, as any Hebrew on the street will tell you, means "book." Naturally, we deduce that O, o, o, o refers us to the fourth book in the Bible, which is the Book of Numbers. There we find the solution to our problem in the following neology: P b r a s S     o     v     m     x

In the explanation of this neology lies the key to the Baconian dilemma; it is with that explanation that I have concerned myself in "Man vs. Ape." To that end, much of the book has been devoted to a code, and the conclusion of my book is the conclusion of the code. Obviously such a book cannot be quickly read, digested, or judged; the kind of approach which it demands is the kind of approach which Harvard men, above all, should have. The process of obtaining it will prepare the men of Harvard to preach the gospel of truth in the four corners of the earth.   Phillip Francis Samuels.