REVISION ANNOUNCED IN SCHOOL OF EDUCATION

LATEST TEACHING METHODS TO BE DEMONSTRATED

Announcement of the courses to be offered in the Graduate School of Education for the second half-year was made yesterday by Dean Henry W. Holmes, as well as the appointment of two new members to the faculty of the school. Five new courses have been added to the revised list of subjects.

Dr. Robert Ulich, professor of Philosophy in the Higher Technical School, Dresden, Germany, and one of the recent appointees, is Visiting Lecturer in Comparative Education and will give a course in the "History and Philosophy of Education in the Nations of Europe." Dr. Ulich was formerly Counselor in the Ministry of Education in Saxony and was the representative of Germany in an international conference on examinations called in England in 1931.

Professor Giles M. Ruch, of the University of California, will be at Harvard as Visiting Lecturer in Educational Measurement and Statistics in exchange with Edward A. Lincoln, assistant professor of Education. Professor Ruch will give two courses: "The Education of Gifted Children" and "The Uses of Objective Tests, both Standardized and informal." Professor Ruch is an authority on the selection and teaching of gifted chldren and has also developed valuable techniques for the construction of objective tests by teachers.