FOUR SECURE VARSITY CROSS COUNTRY BERTHS

Playfair, O'Neill, Cutler, Webster Win Time Trials; Freshman Line-Up Also Completed

Running with two broken bones in his foot, Frederic A. Webster '35, yesterday finished fourth in the cross-country time-trials, to win a place on the squad which faces New Hampshire on Friday.

The race was run over the 5.4-mile course on which the New Hampshire meet will be held. Six men, had already been chosen, from the first six Harvard men to place against Holy Cross. They were Woodard, Pier, Schen, Channing, Roys, and Walker.

The time-trial was won by Robert S. Playfair '36 in 29.41. O'Neill was second, with Cutler third, and Webster fourth. Neither Playfair nor Webster fourth. Neither Playfair nor Webster had run in the Holy Cross meet, as Playfair was running against Beccali on the following day, and Webster's injuries kept him out.

The freshmen also ran a time-trial to decide upon the four men to fill up their team for the New Hampshire race. The first four men finished within ten seconds of each other in the following order: Richards, Cotton, Wright, Crimmins. The six freshmen selected previously were Northrop, Mixter, Cummin, Clement, Eaton, and DeVaron.