N.S.L. MEMBERS TO VISIT MEETING OF BOSTON STRIKERS

Boston Workmen Desire Higher Wages, Shorter Houses, and Control of All Bureaus Which Hire Men

Students fired with enthusiasm by the nationwide strikes of the past summer will be given the opportunity by the Harvard Chapter of the National Students League to learn more of the inside workings of a strike through a visit to a meeting of the Marine Workers Industrial Union, to be held at their headquarters, 583 Commercial Street, Boston, tomorrow afternoon at 8 o'clock.

In addition to the invitation to all students interested in attending the meeting of the strikers, the National Students League will sponsor trips starting from the House Common Rooms starting at 2.15 o'clock. Any student is welcome to attend the strike meeting, although his sympathies may not be with the N.S.L. No demonstration will be held.

The Boston strike, although it has not received the extensive comment that attended the strike of the dock workers on the Pacific coast, has tied up shipping traffic in Boston Harbor.

Fundamentally, the purpose of this most recent local strike is the same as that of the San Francisco workers. Although the system of hiring dock workers, the bone of contention on the West Coast, differs somewhat in this section of the country, the Boston workmen ask for control of the shipping bureaus which hire the men. They also ask for shorter hours, higher wages, and recognition of unions of the workers' choice.