N.S.L. ORGANIZES GROUP FOR STUDY OF MARXISM

EIGHT MEETINGS WILL BE HELD, BEGINNING TONIGHT

Decrying the fact that no Harvard course is devoted to an exposition of the fundamentals of Marxism, the N. S. L. is forming a study group in which will be given an introduction to the scientific consideration of society from the Marxist standpoint.

This evening has been selected for the first meeting of the seminar, to be held in Kirkland C-22 at 7.30 o'clock, and to which all students are invited.

Discussion of the subject will require eight sessions, conducted by Harry J. Marks 2G, who will deliver readings from Marx, Lenin, and Stalin. The first gathering will consider classes and class struggle under capitalism. Economics of capitalism will comprise the topic of the second and third evenings, introductory to the fourth meeting, which will devote itself to monopolistic capitalism and finance capital as the characteristics of imperialism. At the same time, the springs of war and foreign policy will demand attention.

In the fifth evening the class organization in cultural activity will be discussed in connection with the fields of education, literature, art, the theatre, the movies, the press, scholarship, and science. Following this, the state as class rule will be treated, with an explanation of democracy as the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie.

Fascism, social-fascism, and the alternative of the social revolution will be the topic of the seventh hour, while the final meeting will discuss the question of revolution versus reform, with regard to the Communist party and the Communist International. In addition, the Pseudo-Marxists will be explained.