APTED HIGHLY LAUDED FOR RECOVERING HATS

Three University Departments Work At Recovering Student Losses; Apted Most Notorious

Everything from false teeth to stray bulldogs is handled by the lost-and-found departments of the University, located in the Harvard Union, the offices of the H.A.A., and the headquarters of Colonel Charles R. Apted '06. Day by day a flood of articles is turned in to Colonel Apted, and working with incredible rapidity he manages to return a small proportion of these articles to their rightful owners. All things found in the Yard, even tortoises strayed from the Biology Department, eventually are turned in to the Colonel, who throws them into a closet and waits for the owner to come around and prove his identity.

The Harvard Union lost-and-found department, located in the downstairs check-room, keeps track of the hats and coats misplaced by Freshmen. These timid souls, who advertise on the bulletin-board. "Will the person who took BY MISTAKE a gray felt hat" usually find the lost article in the downstairs check-room, which returned over five hundred hats last year.