THREE POLO TEAMS TO REPRESENT HARVARD

Freshmen Have Practiced All Season; Varsity and Jayvee Teams to Start To Practice Soon

Within a few weeks, Harvard's Varsity and Jayvee polo teams will job the Freshmen in preparing for this winter's indoor season, during which they will play several intercollegiate matches as well as participating in polo leagues formed of teams from greater Boston. After the middle of January, every Saturday will see at least one if not all three of these teams in action.

Besides competing in the class "A" league, the Varsity will meet Army, Princeton, Yale, and teams from Chicago and Detroit. They will play at least 12 games in the course of the winter season. The Jayvees face a less ambitious schedule, meeting only Army, Yale, and the "Wilkesbarre Whips," of Wilkesbarre, Pennsylvania in addition to their class "B" obligations. The Freshmen's only game outside of their class "C" schedule will be with the Yale freshmen.

Lieutenant Charles D. Palmer of the Harvard R. O. T. C. who coaches the sport has been working with the Freshmen three days per week all fall in order to get a line on the abilities of the newcomers. The Freshmen are the only team for whom fall practice was available. The squads will be kept down to about ten men each because of limited facilities and may be cut even more as the season advances.