NORMAN THOMAS TO GIVE ANNUAL LECTURE TODAY

Noted Socialist Expected to Attack Existing Order in Washington and Its Leaders

Speaking before the Liberal Club in the New Lecture Hall today at 4 o'clock, Norman Thomas will deliver his annual lecture at Harvard. He is expected to attack the existing order in Washington and its leaders with vigor. Mr. Thomas, despite his faith in the doctrines of Socialism, always manages to convey to his listeners a refreshingly new outlook.

He has twice been the choice of his party for the Presidency, and has also been the Socialist candidate for Mayor of the City of New York. Although never elected to public office, he probably commands greater respect from the rank and file of his party than any other defeated candidate for the Presidency alive today.

The publication a few days ago of his latest book, "Human Exploitation in America," marks another milestone in his career as an author.

This book, although reiterating Thomas's dogmatic Socialistic convictions, yet stresses points which are not radical, as when he insists that it is a mistake to talk of prosperity "as if it were something to be recovered rather than something to be won."