New Bust of Lowell Donated To University by His Friends
Heroic Marble Has Been Placed in the Faculty Room
A new bust of President-emeritus Lowell, heroic in proportions, has been presented to the University by a number of his friends. The marble has been placed in the Faculty Room of University Hall.
The bust was executed by John Wilson, instructor in Modelling at the School of Architecture, who has been working on it since March, 1933. It represents President Lowell in academic robes. Head and shoulders are modeled out of Carrara marble, a creamy white in color. The square pedestal is of Verde Soria. The top of the bust is slightly more than six fee from the floor.
The committee acting for the donors was composed of George R. Agassis '84. President of the Board of Overseers, Charles A. Coolidge '81, member of the Board, and William C. Endicott '83.