Minor and Week-end Sports

The Varsity Fencing Team will meet M.I.T. this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Technology Gymnasium, Matches will be fought with the epee, foil, and sabre. At the same time the Freshman team will meet the '37 fencers of M.I.T.

Meeting Exeter Academy, the Freshman swimming team will compete in the Indoor Athletic Building this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock.

Journeying to New Hampshire, the Freshman basketball team will play against Exeter this afternoon. Leavitt S. White '37, Byron W. Moser, Jr. '37, Christopher Gray '37, Thomas W. Stevenson '37, and John J. Witherspoon '37 will be on the starting lineup.

Bridgewater Normal will be the opponent of the Junior Varsity basketball team this afternoon in the Indoor Athletic Building at 4.30 o'clock.

The Junior Varsity hockey team will meet Brac Burn at 8.30 o'clock in Newton.

During the intermission of this evening's Varsity Swimming Meet with Columbia the 50 yard free style championship of the houses will be decided. Among those entered will be John R. Fetner '34 E.S. of Lowell house, last year's winner in 26.1, who is favored to repeat. The other entrants are Louis H. Marburg '35 of Leverett, J. W. A. Bohlen '35 of Winthrop, W. W. Jeffers of Kirkland, Edward I. Brainard '35 of Adams, Frederick P. Lowrey '34 of Eliot, John H. Dixon '35, and W. E. Howell '36, of Brooks, and S. M. Bessie '36 of Dunster.

In a slow meet in which there were no falls, the Varsity wrestling team defeated Springfield 20-6 last night. Captain Richard G. Ames '34, was unable to throw Powers, although he had a time advantage of eight minutes and 41 seconds. Gridley Barrows '34, in the heavyweight class, was also unable to score a fall, and ended with an advantage of three minutes and 13 seconds.

The Varsity boxing team fought Springfield, winning 6-2. This meet was sluggish with three decisions, two draws, and two technical knock-outs. Marshall A. Lamb '34, captain, fought a draw in the 125-pound class. The most exciting battles fought were by Thomas J. G. Tighe '36 and Philip W. A. Hines '34, both of which ended it technical knockouts.

The Freshman wrestling team defeated the Springfield Freshmen 20-6, yesterday with no falls being won by either team.