HOCKEY TEAM OPPOSES GREEN IN CRUCIAL GAME

MOSELEY INCREASES STRENGTH OF SQUAD; GLEASON OUT

In what is justly called their crucial game of the season, the Harvard skaters oppose an exceptionally powerful Dartmouth sextet tonight in the Boston Garden at 8.30 o'clock. The Green is expected to win; but if the Crimson pucksters hit their stride, the results will be just the opposite.

The team as a whole is suffering from an inferiority complex, resulting from the fact that it is composed mostly of Sophomores, and has not yet taken one League game out of three starts, as well as dropping most of its other contests. If they take the Indians into camp tonight, and in practice they show enough power to do so, it is almost a sure bet that they will also win the third game of the series and then ride rough-shod over Yale. The Crimson ice-men possess a potential power which, once it begins to click, will easily shove the Green out on the short end of the score.

Moseley's Return Helps

The presence of Fred Moseley has given the Crimson stock a considerable rise, since the team has lacked a good center all season, although both Al Dewey and Art Duffey have shown up fairly well. Moseley, however, is a natural, who personifies both good hockey sense and playing ability, a combination in which the out fit as a whole is seriously lacking. He will not reach his peak tonight, however, for he has not yet had sufficient time to get back into top-notch condition. On the other hand, the absence of Frank Gleason, who will not be released from the Infirmary until early next week, offsets to a considerable degree the uplifting effects of Moseley's appearance. The Crimson defense has always been noteriously weak, but just as Gleason was developing into a real defense man, injuries eliminated him from play. There is Fran Lane, of course, but Coach Stubbs can use him only as a substitute, sparingly and for short intervals at a time, on account of his still unhealed leg. Bill Watt's partner at the points will be Dick Dow, who will be used to stand off the brunt of the opponent's rushes and relieved by Lane only during the pinches.

The second line for tonight is made up of Sam Callaway. Al Dewey, who are both Sophomores, and Charlie Kirkland, while the third wall is composed of Ben Hallowell, Mike Hovenanian, also Sophomores, and Dunbar Holmes. Ken Mittel is dressing as substitute goalie, in case of injury to Captain deGive. HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Hasler, l.w.  r.w., Gulbord Moseley, c.  c., Spain Beale, r.w.  l.w., Powers Watts, l.d.  r.d., Fitzpatrick Dow, r.d.  l.d., Bennett deGive, g.  g., McHugh