QUINTET DOWNS BROWN TO END LOSING STREAK

HENDERSON, GRADY LEAD SCORING ATTACK FOR VICTORS

An aggressive Harvard basketball team, showing considerable power, and rallying strongly in every emergency, snapped its losing streak by decisively defeating a speedy Brown quintet, 39 to 25, at Providence Saturday night. The game was characterized by wild passing and frequent fouls, with Harvard capitalizing on free throws to the sum of 11 points.

Brown cut loose at the opening whistle, and had soon run up an eight point lead, while Harvard was held to one foul shot. Captain Joseph F. Ferriter '34 then took time out for the Crimson, and they came back strong, trying the score. The lead changed back and forth between the teams, and at the end of the half, Harvard was on the long end of a 16 to 15 score. Brown started fast at the beginning of the second half, and took a three point lead. Then James G. Grady '36 who had taken Ferriter's place at guard, cracked down with a long shot, and William F. Henderson '34 and Robert K. Morse '35 followed suit. Harvard now had the lead, and was determined to keep it; Grady, Henderson, and Richard G. Fletcher '35 set out on a scoring spree which netted 14 points while Brown was held scoreless, except for Malkowski's free throw.

Grady and Henderson were high scorers for Harvard, the latter sinking five free throws in the course of the evening.