TEN GRANTED LEAVE OF ABSENCE FOR HALF-YEAR

OTHER ABSENTEES ANNOUNCED FOR NEXT YEAR

Ten leaves of absence have recently been granted to members of the Faculty, it was announced last night at University Hall. These sabbatical terms have been given for the second half of this year and for a part or whole of 1934-35.

Among those granted leaves for the second half of the present academic year were: James H. Woods '87, professor of Philosophy; Carl J. Friedrich, associate professor of Government; William H. Forbes '23, instructor in Biochemical Sciences; and John E. Dalton, assistant professor of Business Statistics.

For the entire year 1934-35, Joseph L. Walsh '16, associate professor of Mathematics, and Francis O. Matthiessen, assistant professor of History and Literature, have been granted sabbatical terms.

Leaves of absence for the second half of the year 1934-35, were also granted to the following: Kirsopp Lake, professor of History, William G. Howard '91, professor of German, David W. Prall, associate professor of Philosophy, and Walter Silz '17, assistant professor, and German.

Many other professors have already been given leaves this year to serve on President Roosevelt's brain trust and in other departments of the recovery program. John H. Williams, Nathaniel Ropes Professor of Political Economy, is economic adviser to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Oliver M. W. Sprague '94, Edmund Cogswell Converse Professor of Banking and Finance, has been a special assistant to the Secretary of the Treasury in Washington.