Model Leaguer

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld).

To The Editor of the CRIMSON:

I was amused, indeed, to read the CRIMSON's report of the Model League Assembly Session in this morning's issue. The League was honored to make the front page, written in a poor imitation of the tabloid style of "Time" magazine. The article must have been diverting to your readers, despite its inaccuracies and lack of comprehension. Professor Harold Tobin was somewhat surprised to read that his mention of Secretary Wallace had been completely misunderstood--the oversharpened cars of the reporter were not quite sharp enough to avoid misstating the substance of his remarks. Not prejudiced against the use of the "lowest form of humor," your reporter conceded to the 400 delegates gathered in Cambridge at least the accomplishment of dispelling the boredom of his Harvard existence for at least one weekend.

This letter, I realize, may be in itself unnecessary, inasmuch as the adolescent tone of the article must have left the majority of those who read the CRIMSON yesterday, unimpressed. To label the story as a display of bad taste is obviously superfluous. Emily Lewis.

President of the Model League of Nations.