NIGHT CAFETERIA MAY BE PUT IN ADAMS HOUSE

BAXTER FAVORS INVESTIGATION OF POSSIBILITIES

One hundred and twenty-five members of Adams House have signed a petition requesting the establishment of a night lunch in that house. The petition is the culmination of recent agitation for such a grill on the part of several residents of Adams. It reads:

"Will all members of Adams who would favor the establishment of a night lunch in this house, similar to the one in Eliot House, please sign their names below? Your signature obligates you in no way."

Although Professor James P. Baxter, master of the house, could not be reached late last night, he had previously stated, "I shall look into the matter of placing a night lunch in Adams House." When questioned on the possibility of an Adams night grill, Roy L. Westcott, manager of the University Dining Halls, said "It is very difficult to say off-hand whether or not the proposed cafeteria would be a financial success, . . . (but) the night lunch now operating in Eliot House carries itself."

A tutor in Adams, when asked for his views on the subject of the night lunch, expressed himself as being heartily in favor of the project. He said that Adams House was a particularly logical place for the grill, since it had its own kitchen and was close to those houses which are not served by the Eliot night lunch.