ADVISORY BOARD DECISION ON H. D. C. DRAMA DUE TODAY

Indications Point to Favorable Vote Supporting Choice of Play--Losey Calls Off Rehearsal

President Conant stepped in yesterday to take charge of the Dramatic Club situation, when he asked the Faculty members on the Advisory Board to read the spring play. "A Bride For The Unicorn" and pass judgment on it.

The decision was originally due yesterday morning at 10 o'clock when John C. Haggott '35, president of the Dramatic Club submitted the statements of the Advisory Board to Matthew Luce, Regent, who was to deliver the ultimatum of the University on the subject of the play. Later in the day, President Conant requested the five Faculty members to read over the play and send in their votes to Luce.

Decision Comes Today

This move left the decision up to the five members of the Advisory Board, and the Regent will merely count the votes as they are submitted, and render the final verdict. Last night it seemed likely that the play would not be interfered with by the Advisory Board when it was learned that the vote would probably be three to two in favor of putting on the show.

One member, Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking, disapproves of the production because "it is a bad play dramatically, but my objection has nothing to do with the morality." Other members were divided over the value of the play.

Losey Upset

Producer Joe Losey was somewhat annoyed at the action of Radcliffe in barring girls from taking part and was displeased with the interference of the University. He called off the rehearsal last night, but members of the Dramatic Club stated that they had no intention of discontinuing the play voluntarily. Today at 2 o'clock there will be a meeting of the Dramatic Club in Holden Chapel to discuss the problem of securing girls to take the parts left vacant by the Radcliffe girls. It was understood that debutantes are the most likely candidates.