FRANCIS W. HUNNEWELL, SECRETARY OF HARVARD CORPORATION, RESIGNS

SUCCESSOR IS ALSO DIRECTOR OF TERCENTENARY CELEBRATION

Close on the heels of the withdrawal of other high University officials, Francis W. Hunnewell '02, yesterday turned in his resignation as Secretary to the Harvard Corporation to take effect at the end of the present academic year. Mr. Hunnewell has served in this capacity for the last 21 years.

The new secretary, Jerome D. Greene '96, who has recently been appointed director of the Harvard Tercentenary Celebration in 19326, will take up his duties next September. Connected at present with a New York banking house, he is a former secretary both to President Eliot and to the Corporation of the University.

Mr. Hunnewell had planned at first to leave with President Lowell last year, but stayed on at the request of President Conant. After receiving his A.B., cumlaude, he entered the Harvard Law School, where he took an LL.B. in 1905. He was comptroller of the University from 1912 to 1920, and was given an honorary degree of Master of Arts last year by President Lowell