Six Juniors, Three Sophomores Are Elected to Student Council

Five Juniors, Three Sophomores Will Be Chosen by Elected Group This Evening

Six Juniors and three Sophomores were elected to the Student Council yesterday as a result of voting by mail on ballots sent our several days ago.

The Juniors elected were Herman Gundlach, Jr., of Houghton, Michigan, who received the greatest number of votes, 169; E. Francis Bowditch of Concord, 166; Thomas Harrison Hunter of Cambridge, 141; Thomas Ferguson Locke of Boston, 124; Arthur Stanwood Pier, Jr. of Concord, New Hampshire, 115; and Arthur Wingate Todd of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, 115. The Sophomores chosen were Robert Smith Playfair of West Roxbury, who received 223 votes; Shaun Kelly, Jr. of Richmond 211, and Braman Gibbs of Hudson, 148.

These men will meet together in University Hall at 7.15 o'clock today to choose five Juniors and three Sophomores to complete the Council.

The following is the complete tabulation of the votes with the stars indicating those elected: Class of 1935 *Herman Gundlach, Jr.  169 *E. Francis Bowditch  166 *Thomas Harrison Hunter  141 *Thomas Ferguson Locke  124 *Arthur Stanwood Pier, Jr.  115.