University Gives 2023 Degrees Today; Lowell Among Those on Honorary List

Almost One-Half of Members of Graduating Class Recipients of Degrees with Honors

2023 degrees will be granted by the University this morning at the Commencement exercises to be held in the Sever quadrangle. Almost half of the graduating classes of the College and the Engineering School will be awarded degrees with honors.

655 undergraduates in the College will be awarded degrees as Bachelors of Arts, 240 of them with honors, and 97 will receive the degree of Bachelor of Science including 41 honor degrees.

In the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences 172 men won the degree of Master of Arts, While 110 will receive that of Doctor of Philosophy. The Engineering School will graduate 29 Bachelors of Science, 15 with honors, and will award 37 Masters of the Science of Engineering and 8 Doctors of Science.

34 of the 397 Bachelors of Law to be graduated will receive honors as 8 Masters of Law and 13 Doctors of the Science of Jurisprudence will be awarded by the Law School. The Business School will graduate 337 men, 52 with distinction, and award the degree of Doctor if Commercial Science. The Medical School will graduate 129 doctors, 16 of them with honors. Other departments of the University awarded degrees in lesser numbers.

A.B.

Summa Cum Laude degrees were awarded to the following 16 men: Meyer Howard Abrams, Long Branch, New Jersey; Edward Augustus Ackerman, Spokane, Washington; Daniel Joseph Boorstin, Tulsa, Oklahoma; Donald David Cody, Hartford, Connecticut; Robert Calhoun Creel, Cambridge; Oscar Hirsh Davis, Mount Vernon, New York; Edward Settle Godfrey, 3rd, Albany, New York; Richard Murphey Goodwin, Newcastle, Indiana; Gove Griffith Johnson, Jr., Washington, D. C.; Robert Kaplan, Cambridge; Paul Lachlan MacKendrick, Roslindale; John Arthur Martin, Bangor, Maine; John Barzillai Rackliffe, Newton; John Thomas Sapieuze, Irvington, New Jersey; John William Walsh, Jr., Quincy.

S.S.

Clement Lowell Harriss, Omaha, Neb.

The highest honor in the Law School, the Fay Diploma, went to Richard Holzman Demuth, of New York, N. Y. Fourteen men were graduated Magna cum Laude.