KELLY, ROBINSON, AND LUCAS CHOSEN TO GO TO FAR EAST

Representatives Will Go on Two-Week Tour, With All Expenses Paid, After Conference

Shaun Kelly, Jr. '36, of Richmond, Mass., Robert R. Lucas '34, of Columbus, Ohio, and Horace B. B. Robinson '34, of Montclair, N. J., have been selected by a Faculty Committee to represent Harvard at the Japan Student English Association Conference to be held in Tokyo during the week of July 19.

The three men were picked from a group of 15 who applied for the trip to the conference, at which there will be approximately 50 students from American universities. The competition for the trip was held under the auspices of the Phillips Brooks House and the Faculty Committee was composed of Dean Willard L. Sperry of the Theological School, Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government and George G. Wilson, professor of International Law.

Harvard's representatives will leave from Seattle June 29 and will arrive in Japan where they will be the guests of the Japan Student English Association, sponsors of the conference. Following the conference in Tokyo, the members will be taken on a two-week's tour of southwestern Japan and Manchukuo. All of the expenses of the stay in Japan will be paid by the Japanese organization.

Kelly was president of his Freshman Class, captain of the 1936 football team and last fall was a member of the Varsity football team. He was recently elected to the Student Council and the Kirkland House Committee.

Both Lucas and Robinson are editors of the Advocate and Robinson was captain of the 1934 soccer team.