Lining Them Up

The highly tonted Purple Knight coming out of the West to show John Harvard how to play football will enter the game today with odds considerably shortened before the two elevens line up for the opening kickoff. Quotes last night set the figures at 3-2 for the Crusaders to whip the Crimson forces, which represents a rapid change in sentiment for the Harvard lads.

In Again, Out Again, Gone Again?

One stumbling block remains, however, in the person of Kuziora, brilliant sophomore back on the Holy Cross team and Freddy Mosely, the Crimson's hope on open field runs. The burning question is: "Are Kuziora and Moseley going to play?" Only a few days ago TIME OUT had the temerity to take Holy Cross at its word and say that Kuziora was definitely out of the game. But Io and behold, since that time some enterprising scribe stated that the Erie, Pa. lad was ready to go. TIME OUT was taken to task for his rashness but he can only say that when a man is reported with a separated collar bone, the chances of his playing football are no stronger than a toothpick.

In the case of Moseley, the reports have it that he is not ready to play and that he is definitely out of the game. Coaches have said that if he is ready to play at all, he will start and he is not in the starting lineup. But insiders still have the feeling that Harvard may be playing the game with Holy Cross and holding one ace up its sleeve. It Holy Cross doesn't have to make its mind up about Kuziora, there is no reason why Harvard should let the story on Mosely be known.

H. C. Has Two-Game, Two-Week Jump

A subject which has enchanted the experts and caused not a little criticism of the schedule makers is the order in which Harvard meets its opponents. Anyone can understand that four major teams in a row is no setup for the best of teams but an inside view of the matter brings to light a little situation which might put the Crimson team into the winning column without much difficulty. Army comes to Cambridge on November 10, just as this veteran team is beginning to hit on all eleven, while Holy Cross meets Harvard today, with a two-game, two-week advantage over Eddie Casey's boys.

The point being that the Army is composed to some extent of players who have competed for other colleges before and who need plenty of time and a few games before they begin to get warmed up. Holy Cross starts practice in the middle of September, plays two games before Harvard opens its season and is well along in its schedule by the time that it comes to face Harvard.

Now if it could be arranged so that West Point was scheduled for an early season game, the Crimson would meet them before the oldsters had time to warm up, and would have a much easier job before them. With that arrangement, Harvard would be much easier job before them. With that arrangement, Harvard would have a much better able to take on the Crusaders at later date. Of course, some may consider the scheme is in the same class with hired players, but then, if Harvard doesn't utilize the opportunity, someone else will. By TIME OUT.