Get Me a Picture! Cry of Editor at Midnight; The Crimson Knows How

Enter Competitions for '36 and '37 and Discover the Answer, and More

With a groan the editor of the day takes a glance at his dummy. There, on page one, where he had intended to put a news box, is a gap. The candidates have long since started their trek toward their beds, and the other editors who had come in to write their assigned stories, had left the building dark and gloomy.

What is to fill the space? What would be timely and pertinent? What would brighten up the front page? What would fit in with the lead story? What but a picture.

For the benefit of those who have allowed the first three installment of the story of Abner, the model candidate to fall on deaf ears, let us remind you that tonight, at 7.30 o'clock in the CRIMSON building at 14 Plympton Street, the first competition of this fall opens to members of the Sophomore and Junior classes. More explicitly, the Editorial competition is open to Juniors and the portals of the other three departments will be thrown open to ambitious members of the Class of 1937.

So the editor of the day, keeping his lonely vigil, thinks that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea if he ran a picture of the President of the Debating Club, or the new member of the Phillips Brooks House Foreign Student Committee. And since the CRIMSON has a copper cut of every man in College except transfer students, it is not difficult to find the right picture.

If you want to take shots for the regular pictorial supplements which will be run this fall; if you want to arrange photographic studies of college buildings; if you want to get a picture of the latest visiting lecturer on anything under the sun; in short, if you are interested in the technique of photography and the experience of actual newspaper work along this line, your best and only bet among college activities is the Photographic competition of the CRIMSON.

As in all the other competitions, no previous experience is essential, although training on a school publication is valuable.

To the members of the Sophomore and Junior classes, the CRIMSON extends a cordial invitation to drop in at the building tomorrow evening, sign up (no obligations) and join the ranks of the Abners who will keep the officials of the University on pins and needles for the next few weeks.