COOP DECLARES LARGE DIVIDEND TO MEMBERS

NEW OFFICERS CHOSEN AT SAME MEETING

Dividends of $56,000 were voted at the Wednesday stockholders' meeting of the Harvard Cooperative Society, George E. Cole, manager, announced yesterday.

The dividends were determined on the same basis as last year's, 7 per cent on charged purchases and 9 per cent on cash, and will be distributed on Saturday, October 13. This figure is $300 greater than the dividend declared last year.

Cole announced at the same time that in accordance with the by-laws of the Society the following nominations for stockholders and officers and other directors were made: for stockholders until 1939, E. P. Kohler and Erwin H. Schell; for stockholder until 1935, Edward A. Whitney '17, associate professor of history; for officers for one year, Henry S. Thompson '99, president; Austin W. Scott, vice-president; Waiter Humphreys, clerk; John L. Taylor, treasurer.

For other directors for one year, the following nominations were made: from Harvard at large, Delmar Leighton '17, Dean of Freshmen; and Alfred C. Redfield '13; from M. I. T. at large, Horace S. Ford and Jasper Whiting; from officers of Harvard, Clinton P. Biddle, professor of investment banking; from alumni of Harvard, Kenneth B. Murdock '16, professor of English; from the students of M. I. T., John B. Ballard '35; from the Senior class of Harvard, E. Francis Bowditch; from the Junior class of Harvard, Robert S. Playfair; from the Sophomore class of Harvard, Charles C. Gibson.