College Scholarships, Employment Will Be Investigated by the Student Council

Justification of $10 Dudley Hall Charge Not Going on Term Bill Questioned

Scholarship policy and student employment will be investigated by the Student Council, Thomas H. Quinn '36, president, announced following last night's meeting in University Hall.

The scholarship report will attempt to determine whether many small or fewer large awards should be the basis of the College's policy. During the Conant administration, emphasis has been placed to an increasing extent on the bigger grants.

The Committee in charge of this report includes, John B. Bowditch '37, Emile Dubiel '37, Robert C. Hall '36, Braman Gibbs '36, Shaun Kelly, Jr. '36, Quinn, and LeMeyne White '36.

Since student employment has always been closely connected with scholarship policy and will be even more so with the approaching arrival of Associate Dean Plimpton, the survey of this subject will tie in with the first report.

This committee includes Arthur A. Ballantiue, Jr. '36, Thomas H. Bilodcau '37, Raymond Dennett '36, Robert Dunn '37, Milton G. Green '36, Benjamin H. Hallowell '36, Robert S. Play-fair '36, and White.

To supplement the report which the H.A.A. will submit to the Corporation on the abolition of minor sports next month, another group will prepare an additional report on this subject. This committee includes: Bowditch, Hall, George V. Hedblom '37, Kelly, and Quinn.

C. Colmery Gibson '37, Dunn, and Dennett will determine whether Lehman Hall is justified in refusing to include the charge for the use of the new commuter social center, Dudley Hall, on the term bill, and to how great a degree this has diminished the use of the new building.

The chairmen of these four committees will be elected later.