SNAPPY PRACTICE ENDS WORKOUT FOR WEST POINT TEAM

Eight of Eleven Have Played as Unit Since Springfield Game -- Struck, Kessler and Maser Newcomers

By R. W. Paul

After winding up the week's practice with a snappy and enthusiastic session yesterday afternoon, Coach Dick Harlow's Varsity is ready to entrain for West Point at 8.30 this morning to play its first game on enemy territory.

No last-minute injuries and no changes in the starting lineup were reported as the Varsity men turned their equipment over to the managers for shipment to the Army stronghold.

The full staff of four coaches, Harlow Fesler, Palm, and Crowther, is going with the team, leaving Dartmouth to be scouted by Stanley, Dunn or one of the assistants.

Of the squad of 35 active players and four hospital cases who are making the trip, 16 played against the Cadets a year ago. All but three of the starting team are included in this veteran group.

The Uninitiated

Those three uniniated are the linemen Charlie Kessler and Jim Maser, and the fullback, Vernon Struck. All the others have felt the impact of the Army's artillery before, which means that for once the Crimson will not have to concede anything in experience.

More than this, eight of the starting eleven have been playing together as a unit since the early days of practice after the Springfield game, two weeks ago. With the addition of Mike Adlis, Struck, and center Bob Jones, they form a hardy, reliable team that should be able to go through the greater part of the game without replacement.

If there is any substitution, it will probably be made because Dick Harlow finds himself dissatisfied with the offensive abilities of his team. In such a case the first change is likely to come in the backfield with such sparkplugs as the gifted Freddy Moseley ranking high as possible replacements.

The starting lineup will be: Dubiel, l,e.; Adlis l.t.; Gaffney, l.g.; Jones, c.; Kessler, r.g.; Maser, r.t.; Kelly, r.e.; Hodblom, q.b.; Adzigian, l.h.b.; Ford, r.h.b.; Struck, f.b.