ADZIGIAN FIT FOR ACTION IN BROWN GAME SATURDAY

Competes With Glendinning, Burton, Mike Adlis, Spring, for Two Tackle Positions

By R. W. Paul

As the chief highlight in a rather ordinary Monday session at Soldiers Field, Doctor Thorndike announced that he is rapidly putting the Varsity's injured players back on their feet and will have every one except Don Jackson and Jim Maser ready for the Brown game on Saturday.

This means that Johnny Adzigian will be back at his running and passing tailback post when the Bruins come to town. It also means that Bob Watson will be entering the competition for the job as tackle.

Along with Watson, Bill Glendinning, who yesterday played at right tackle during a scrimmage with the Jayvees, will be in the running for the job. Against them they will have the Dartmouth game starters, Will Burton and Mike Adlis, plus "Blimp" Spring, who played for a few minutes against the Indians.

Starting Tackles

Adlis still ranked as right tackle in the "A" team signal lineup yesterday, but Burton shared with Spring the honor on the left side of the line. The chief other competitor right now seems to be Bob Downes, the ex-Jayvee end, who, like Glendinning, saw service in the scrimmage yesterday.

All of the Dartmouth starters were, naturally, excused from the scrimmage and were kept on the field for only half an hour. All but Jim Gaffney and George Hedblom reported for this short session.

Both Gaffney and Hedblom wanted to be on hand but were given strict orders to take a rest and not be seen within a full mile of the field. Nothing is wrong with them except that the coaches were afraid they were working too hard.

More Tackles

In the scrimmage, which seemed to go a little better than most Monday melees, Harlow kept a composite Varsity team driving against the Jayvees for 50 minutes. As part of his search for tackles he put Bill Prout and John Cabitor of the Varsity into the Jayvee line to see how they looked on the defensive.

The outstanding individual men were fullback Johnny Nesmith and right half back Arthur Oakes. Both seemed to be in good form and going nicely.

It was noticeable that Lee, Ecker was moved from fullback to left half, or wing back, for this scrimmage. Just how much significance this had is difficult to say. Perhaps Harlow is definitely figuring on transforming Ecker as he has Vornon Struck, Struck, incidentally, continued as a wing back yesterday, though Moseley had the call as first-string left halfback in the "A" lineup