HALEY ASSISTS AS HARLOW HAS LONG SECRET PRACTICE

Jackson, Lane, and Bilodeau Out for Crusader Tilt--Kelly, Moseley and Adzigian Ready

All was locked and barred, even to the gentlemen of the press yesterday afternoon down on Soldiers Field as Dick Harlow began to rebuild his forces for the Boly Cross tilt Saturday. What was originally supposed to be but a short secret session was extended throughout the afternoon, as the staff attempted to put together a new backfield combination, and drilled the squad on fundamentals of blocking.

Haley Works with Backa

Bob Haley worked with the backs all afternoon, in an effort to lengthen out some of the 24-yard punts, and it was learned that he will continue to help Harlow as an unofficial and unpaid assistant for the rest of the season.

Don Jackson, who is, of course, out until the Yale tilt at least, appeared on the field as a spectator. Of the other cripples, Lane and Bilodeau probably won't see action on Saturday. Tommy may be ready to go, but it is so long since he has seen any work that he probably won't be used. Moseley, Adzigian and Kelly will all be available; the first two were dressed yesterday, but were rested. Kelly, however, was sent through all the drills with the rest of the squad.

Holy Cross Propheeles

Whether the Holy Cross game would be the holocaust game of the season was the topic for discussion among all the second guessers down at the field. In their three games the Crusaders have allowed their combined opponents to roll up an aggregate gain of some 23 yards, according to the latest unofilcial figures, which means about nine yards a game, and a little less than a yard every six minutes.

But Harlow and his staff have not allowed the highly touted invaders to disturb their steady striving for polish and dash in execution of the rudiments of the game. Drill for speed was prominent yesterday, and no matter what the result is on Saturday, it is certain that the future will see a team showing persistent improvement in the game.

Moseley and Ziggy Rest

With Moseley and Ziggy resting, the first-team backfield was a nondescript aggregation, quartered by George Hedblom in the bucking back position. Only one shift of importance was made when George Roberts, former Milton Academy quarterback, was boosted from the Jayvee squad to signal caller on the Varsity B team.