LIBERAL CLUB WILL CONDUCT DEBATE ON ITALIAN INVASION

Author, Past Dean of Morgan College, Will Uphold Ethiopian Position on Controversy

A debate between an unofficial representative of the Italian government and a Negro on the subject: "Resolved, That Italy's attack on Ethiopia is indefensible" will be held Friday, October 11, at 8.00 P. M. in the New Lecture Hall, under the auspices of the Harvard Liberal Club. Dr. Carle Flumiani, Italian journalist, author, publisher, and financial export, whom it is rumored is the official unofficial Italian propagandist in the United States, will uphold the negative.

William Pickens, South Carolina Negro, who has been actively connected with various colored educational institutions for the past 16 years and is at present field secretary of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, will speak for the affirmative. Mr. Pickens received a Phi Beta Kappa key from Yale, and has since acquired the degrees of Doctor of Literature and Doctor of Laws from Fisk University and Wiley University. He was dean of Morgan College in Baltimore for five years, resigning in 1920 to work with the N.A.A.C.P. He is the author of five books, most of them dealing with the current problems of the Nogro.

Dr. Flumiani in accepting the invitation of the Liberal Club to participate in the debate gave promise of considerable fireworks in a telegram which read "If the Liberal Club can guarantee me absolute respect my ideas no matter how radical or how firmly expressed I accept stop Desire be second speaker and would request presence of press."