ANTI-WAR MEETING REPLACES STRIKE WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Faculty Member, Prominent Student, and Two Public Figures Expected to Address Gathering.

Breaking sharply with the precedent of holding open air anti-war strikes under national sponsorship, a peace meeting has been planned next Wednesday evening with the endorsement of the Student Council, Phillips Brooks House, and eight other student organizations.

The meeting will be held in the evening in New Lecture Hall or Sanders Theatre and will have the backing of nearly all undergraduate activities in the College.

Speeches by a prominent undergraduate, by a member of the Faculty, and by two well-known public figures are being scheduled by a committee composed of representatives of all the organizations endorsing the meeting.

New Policy

Contrary to the open air anti-war strikes which will be held on Armistice Day, two days after this, at other colleges throughout the country, this evening and indoor affair will be local in character and will not call upon students to leave their classes as a protest against war.

The meeting was originally planned by a group of organizations headed by the Peace Society, the Liberal Club, the N.S.L., and the S.L.I.D.

Since then representative groups have joined in backing it. The Student Council last night voted at its regular meeting to give it official endorsement. In addition to the Council the full list of backers includes the Faculty Union, Phillips Brooks House, the Liberal Club the Peace Society, the Debating Council, the Political Union, the N.S.L., the Avukah, and the S.L.I.D.