Kirkland Defeats Lowell by Single Score in First Half

Showing flashes of power untapped before yesterday's game, Lowell House held Kirkland to a single touchdown. This tally, however, was enough to win the game and enable Kirkland to rise from fourth to third place in the standing.

Simmon J. Seder '36 provided the margin of victory in the first half. A line plunge for the point was unsuccessful. The Bellboys had their big chance in the last few minutes of play when they took possession of the ball within the Kirkland forty yard line after Kirkland had kicked from their goal line. An alert pass defense on the part of the Deacons, however, coupled with an impassable line and the infliction of a penalty was enough to hold them until time was called.

Leverett House finished its season with a default and a clean slate, no victories. Adams House added another victory to its total by this default.

This afternoon in addition to the crucial game between Winthrop and Eliot, there are to be two games with outsiders. Dunster House will journey to Milton to take on the Academy's first team, while Adams House will be scrimmaging the Tuft's second Freshman.

The Eliot-Adams game which is scheduled for Tuesday, November 5, has been put off to the next day.

The summary:

KIRKLAND  LOWELLAlger, i.e.  r.e., LeightonJeffers, l.t.  r.t., CottonKirk, l.g.  r.g., WellsRodgers,c.  c., HenryFrench,r.g.  l.g., WhiteGilbert, r.t.  l.t., DeBardUlman,r.c.  l.c., TillinghastSoder, q.b.  q.b., RogersStaples, l.h.b.  r.h.b., CornellDavis, r.h.b.  l.h.b. SheafeCushman f.b.  f.b., Bec