MUSIC HATH CHARMS

Unless some philanthropist or budget-juggler appears the band may be unable to appear at Princeton next Saturday. Funds for transportation are apparently not available because of the H. A. A. retrenchment policy.

If there is no money, there is, of course, no money. Certainly the music makers cannot be asked to pay their own expenses. Nevertheless, the intricate alphabetical evolutions between the halves are a major feature of the afternoon for the average spectator, and to even the most austere enthusiast the prospect of a game without Wintergreen is dull indeed. From the viewpoint of the team, too, the band is definitely an asset. The blare of a brass horn has the heartening effect of a dozen cheers. Enthusiasm next week is expected to be high; Princeton is obviously one of the major opponents of the season and Coach Harlow's men deserve every encouragement.

So the money must be found if possible. Perhaps still-prosperous alumni will contribute; perhaps a collection will be taken at the Stadium today; perhaps the H. A. A. will reconsider--the source is unimportant. In any case the band should see Princeton, and Princeton should see (and hear) the band.