RADICAL CHANGES MADE IN "A" STARTING LINEUP

Downes, Ecker, Knapp, Oakes, Watson Move into First String Positions as Jones Gains Berth at Center

By R. W. Paul

The radical Varsity changes foreshadowed in Wednesday's scrimmage materialized yesterday with the news that five new men will be in the Crimson lineup for the Brown game tomorrow.

Two new tackles, an end, and two backs have moved into the starting eleven as the result of the gruelling tests to which Harlow has submitted the team this week.

There is really a sixth change also--at center. when the squad reported on Monday Sew Greeley was put into the lineup as the No. 1 man ahead of Bob Jones, who had started the Dartmouth game.

Jones and Greeley

Every indication was that Greeley would be chosen to face the Bruins, but Jones has looked so well in the week's workouts that he will be back at his post tomorrow.

The other changes in the line see the return of Bob Watson to first-rank rating at right tackle and the rise of Bob Downes to the corresponding position on the other side of the line.

In the backfield only Tommy Bilodeau at quarter and George Hedblom at full between-the-halves period at the games is of great interest.

The band itself, the members feel; should not be required to pay their expenses since they have to pay dues to keep the until together besides buying their won uniforms. It is at least certain that the Harvard Club of New York will entertain the group of dinner if it decides to take the trip