PURITANS TIE BERKELEY 0-0 IN FOOTBALL GAME

YALE STOPPED ON CRIMSON FIVE YARD MARKER

Winthrop, winner of the 1935 House championship, battled a powerful Berkeley College eleven to a 0-0 draw on the Yale Freshman field Saturday.

Climaxing a strong offensive game during the first period, the Puritans swept the ball from the Yale 20-yard line for a touchdown. P. H. Johnson '38 carried. The ball was returned, however, because of a Harvard offside.

A Winthrop attempt at field goal early in the second period was blocked. Later in the period, Yale completed a series of passes, bringing the ball to the Crimson five-yard marker. But the line held, and the ball went to Harvard on downs.

Following the game, the team was taken to see the last ten minutes of the Yale-Lafayette tilt. WINTHROP  BERKELEY Wendell, l. e.  l. e., Smith Gilliland, l. t.  l. t., Wells MacArthur, l. g.  l. g., Burbank Campion, c.  c., Macomber Nelson, r. g.  r. g., Kennedy Horne, r. t.  r. t., Beinecke Stevens, r. e.  r. e., Kayser Crampton, q. b.  q. b., Field Johnson, l. h. b.  l. h. b., Sture Hindle, r. h. b.  r. h. b., Griswold Kelly, f. b.  f. b., Judson