DRAMATIC CLUB'S PLAY COMPOSED BY STUDENT

Edward Eager's "Pudding Full of Plums" Will Be Given at Brattle Hall With Radcliffe Idlers

Marking the first time in nearly 20 years that a student-written play has been so honored, "Pudding Full of Plums", by Edward Eager Occ., has been chosen as the annual winter production of the Harvard Dramatic Club.

Composed in three acts, the play is a comedy-drama about young people in their twenties who take seriously only the superficial things in life. The scene is laid in New York. Chief stress is placed throughout on dialogue.

With nearly 70 candidates reporting, first tryouts for "Pudding Full of Plums" were held in Phillips Brooks House yesterday. Feminine parts will fall to members of the Radcliffe Idler Club, who also mount the boards in the finished product at Brattle Hall on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, December 11, 12 and 13.

As director of the production the club has signed up John C. Haggott '35, 1935 president. Last summer he was an assistant to Richard Whorf at the Beach Theatre on Cape Cod.

The club was originally founded in 1908 to present plays by undergraduates or recent graduates. In 1917 this policy had to be broadened into that of giving premieres of American and foreign plays.