RELIGION GROUPS NOW ORGANIZED AT CHURCH

Sperry and Bixler Lead Discussions of Personal Problems at Meetings Once a Month

Study groups on religion have been organized again this year under the direction of Willard L. Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School and Chairman of the Board of Preachers, and Julius S. Bixler, Bussed Professor of Theology.

These groups, a result of interest and suggestions on the part of students who attend morning chapel, are discussing "Personal Problems of Religion" for an hour or more every month.

Dean Sperry's group, which meets on Friday evenings, is considering "Some of the Obstacles to Religions Faith," next time with particular reference to "Evil." professor Bixler's group, which meets the first Monday evening of the month, is working on "The Philosophies of the Good Life of Various Men." such as William James and Buddha.

The meeting open with a brief introduction to the subject by the leader or by one of the students, after which the rest of the time is devoted to discussion. They are usually held in the Dean's office in Memorial Church Thirty-five men have already signed up this year, comparing with 21 last year.