BARREL ENTRANCES

The Eliot House Lunch has felt the heavy hand of discipline. Its back door is closed. No longer may the parched and famished save time by going through O entry. Every one must take the devious and twisting route through M.

It is all because of some horse play that occurred recently. Water was thrown along with the usual missiles. It is not our purpose to approve horse play (although if it is not a too frequent occurrence it is difficult to disapprove). But why the measure taken to prevent repetition? Will the fact that there is but one entrance where there were two, lessen exuberance in the night lunch? Was there something about the atmosphere of the O entry passage that incited deviltry? If so, why let men go out that way? They may start a riot in the court yard any night now.

Perhaps that is not the reason however. It may be that the Comptroller of Gates and Doors is bound by his own precedents in his Yard and House policy. How could he have discriminated in the night lunch's favor by leaving open the entrance that was most accommodating?