CRIMSON FAVORED OVER YALE RELAY AT MEET TONIGHT

Pole Vaulters Have to Take Two Out of Three Places to Make Good Guarantee Of Coach Farrell

A heavily favored mile relay team meets Yale's baton men tonight at the Boston Garden in the season's first track competition between Harvard and Yale. Harvard's quartet, composed of Brookings, Abell, Calvin, and Dorman, the latter replacing Tony Bliss, is expected to show its heels to the New Haven runners, who turned in a mile against Brown two weeks ago in three seconds worse time than that made by the Farrellmen in the same meet. Calvin has been paring his time down all this week, and the Crimson runners are expected to better the showing they made in the K. of C. meet.

Green Facing Crack Trio

Milt Green should duplicate his victory of a fortnight ago in the high hurdles, but this time he will be facing a trio of crack high hurdles men who were not opposing him in the last meet. Phil Good of Bowdoin, Johnny Donovan of Dartmouth, and Fritz Pollard of Brown will be pressing the Crimson runner closely, and he may have to break the world's record which he tied in the Knights of Columbus Meet in order to hit the tape ahead of his fleet opponents.

Crimson Relay Underdog

In the two-mile relay, Harvard is again definitely the underdog, with Maine, Boston College, and Holy Cross, all of whom beat Harvard in the last meet, running against Coach Farrell's team. Despite the substitution of Bliss, speedy half-miler who ran in the Millrose games last week, Harvard is conceded no chance for either first or second place, but the Holy Cross combination which outsprinted the Crimson runners in the K. of C. meet is due for an upset if the track stars do as well as they have been doing in the last week of practice. Derrickson, Floyd, Bliss, and Captain Scheu form the two-mile aggregate for Harvard.

Harvard's pole-vaulters have to make a good showing, taking two out of three places, or Eddie Farrell falls down on his guarantee. The B. A. A. committee had planned on entering at most, two of the altitude athletes from Harvard, but Eddie thought them all so good and so well matched that he insisted on a larger number of entrants, with the positive guarantee that Woodberry, Dubiel, Schumann, and Sutermeistter would furnish all the competition for Keith Brown.

List of entrauts:

50-yard dash--Brookings, Calvin.

45-yard high hurdles -- Crawford, Green, Hayes, Layman.

One-mile--Northrop, Scheu.

Two-mile--Pier, Playfair.

One-mile relay--Brookings, Abell, Calvin, Dorman.

Two-mile relay--Derrickson, Dorman, Bliss, Scheu.

Freshman relay--Critsmeyer, Fawcett, Furse, Hay, Leary, Stuart, Rogers.

Pole-vault--Barcewice, Cook, Dubiel, Pettingell, Schumann, Woodberry.

High jump--Hall, Tiffany