14 MEN RETAINED IN LEE WADE, BOYLSTON TRIALS

Winners of Semi-Finals on Saturday Will Compete for Prizes in Finals on March 27

Fourteen men were retained in the preliminary tryouts for the Lee Wade and Boylston Prizes for Elocution held yesterday afternoon in the large lecture room of the Fogg Art Museum under the direction of Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking.

The winners, who will compete on Saturday in the semi-finals, are William T. Dean, Jr. '37, Robert Dunn '37, Arthur Ellison '37, Paul Killiam, Jr. '37, Henry V. Poor '36, A. Gilman Sullivan '36, Chalmers E. Sweeny '35, Arthur Szathmary '37, Alexander Vardack '35, Roy W. Winsauer '36, Robert A. Robinson '35, and Charles W. Richardson '36.

Ten men will be selected on Saturday to declaim in the finals, which will be held on Wednesday, March 27.

Established in 1817, the Boylston Prize is one of the oldest offered by the University. It was founded by Ward Nicholas Boylston in honor of his uncle, Nicholas Boylston, who established the Boylston Professorship in Rhetoric and Oratory, and consists of one award of $50 and two of $35 each. The Lee Wade Prize was founded in 1915 by Dr. Francis Henry Wade in memory of his son, Lee Wade, 2d '14, and consists of one award of $50. Competition is open each year to upperclassmen.