SUMMER SCHOOL POINTS TOWARD TERCENTENARY

TO EQUIP ADULTS WHO DESIRE TO KEEP UP WITH TIMES

Plans are now being completed for the University's largest summer school this year as the introduction to the tercentenary celebration of the founding of the College.

The summer school, which is the oldest institution of its kind in the country, will have the biggest faculty, the greatest number of courses, and the largest variety of subjects in its history. Present plans call for a "national summer school" as well rounded as a university.

Leading educators from many parts of Europe and of this country will be on the faculty. There will be 30 visiting professors from 28 institutions and 82 members of the regular faculty.

One of the features of the summer curriculum will be the number of courses for adults who desire "to keep up with the times." These courses will deal with national and international problems of finance, labor, the Roosevelt administration, sociology, economics, political parties, and trade.

Professor Kirtley F. Mather, director of the summer school, explained that the usual wide array of courses in education for teachers and the customary studies for undergraduates will be given, but the stress will be on graduate study and the adults "keeping up with the times."